Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Grandpa

It has been exactly a week since I've lost one of the most important men in my life, my Grandpa.

Memories of him have been flooding back to me in this past week.....

Getting ride after ride on the lawnmower trailer

Listening to 'Yes Sir, That's My Baby' so many times, I still know the words

Looking out our parents window and seeing him sitting in his lawn chair taking a nap on the front porch

Hearing the bell ring (which meant feeding time for the dogs)

Him saying 'Bah Humbug' every Christmas

Watching 'The Lawrence Welk Show' and dancing around

He may of looked his age of 95 years old but he sure didn't act like it!  He was full of life, jokes and always had a belly full of food.  We always wondered how he could eat so much but stay so skinny!  The last meal of his life was his favorite food, ice cream.

The Lord blessed my family so much in giving us those last special days but also giving him no pain.  He is now in a perfect body with the love of his life, Betty.


1 comment:

Rachie said...

Aw, I will miss your grandpa. He was always so witty.