Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thrift Store Info

I wanted to let you all know about the thrift stores that I will be shopping at for the next year.  They are either close to where I live or on my way home from work.  Let's start the breadown.....

Value Village
VV has amazing prices!  I have gotten shirts there for $0.25 before.  They offer weekly 50% and 75% off sales based on the color of their tags.  Also, the last Wednesday of every month is 50% off everything in store.  It is absolutely crazy that day but that is the best time to go.

Goodwill
Goodwill is not my favorite store to shop in cause they can tend to be expensive but there are still some good deals to be found.  They normally offer a special that varies everyday.

Caravan Oasis
The Caravan is a small second hand shop in the town of Alton, Illinois.  It is run by volunteers (mostly retired ladies) so it is always clean and they are very friendly.  Their price range is in between VV and Goodwill.  On my first trip there a couple of months ago, I walked out with a pair of a.n.a brown boots from JCPenney for $3.00!

I encourage everybody to find the thrift stores in their town and stop in and check it out.  You will be very surprised on what you can find for very cheap.

No comments: